Each game has its own rules and terminology to use, and Roulette is no exception. Regardless of any game, players must be familiar with the term, as they are used very often. Failure to understand will make the game confusing. For Roulette, terminology is indispensable, learning basic terminology to better understand how to play. Once understood, players will also find it more interesting to play and will have more knowledge about Roulette betting. To get acquainted with the game and discuss with your friends about online casino games, this article helps players know a few more information about the terminology of Roulette:
Check in site: Online Blackjack at Singapore Online Casino
Terminology in Roulette
- Action: Used to refer to the action a player or group bet on.
- American wheel: Because the American variant is different from the rest, there is a second extra pocket, so the American wheels in online Roulette and offline Roulette both have two zero pockets.
- Ball: A small ball commonly used to throw in the opposite direction of the spinning wheel. When the wheel stops, the small ball will fall and the lucky pocket.
- Ball track: Used to track the ball, located on the outer rim as the ball spins around the wheel.
- Bankroll: The amount of money that a Roulette session can be used by players.
- Biased wheel: Roulette wheel models are often perfect, sometimes with a bit of problems caused by long-standing wheels or the process of creating a bit of trouble.
- Bottom track: Used to refer to the inner circle of the Roulette wheel, which works to make the ball slide down and then fall into the bags.
- Chasing losses: A person from a betting group loses, then the rest try to get back the money they lost while playing.
- Column bet: There is a long column of 12 numbers inside and the player can bet.
- Corner bet: An internal bet type, 4 numbers intersect at a point and the player places a bet at the intersection of those 4 numbers (those 4 numbers are also in the bet).
- Croupier: The name of an agent in a casino. This person will run the Roulette and the flow of the Roulette.
- Dozen bet: This is an outside bet type with approximately a dozen numbers used to place bets (1 to 12, 13 to 24 and 25 to 36). Also known as column bets.
- European wheel: Used to refer to the wheel used in the European variant, on wheels there are 37 number pockets from 0 to 36. In addition, European wheels are also only French wheels.
- Even money: This is an outside bet type, usually betting on odd or even numbers, red or black, high or low. And have a payout ratio of 1: 1
- House edge: Each casino has the percentage that the casino can win after every bet. Specifically, the European and French variants of the house have 2.7% advantage, while American Roulette has up to 5.26% advantage (due to the presence of the 2nd pocket 0). The house’s advantage is also another name.
- Inside bet: There are one to six different bets placed directly on any square or in the middle. Numbered boxes will have boxes attached, chips will be placed in those boxes. Depending on which chip is placed, it will represent a number of bets or more than one number.
- Layout: A layout designed Roulette table, including both the spin wheel and betting area.
- Line bet: A form of outside bet on two rows and 6 numbers on the Roulette board.
- Martingale System: A betting system in Roulette with the rules of the bet being doubled after every bet is lost, the name of the system is given from its inventor, John Henry Martindale.
- Outside bet: The bet is 1: 1 with red / black, low / high, even / odd bet types. Or it could be a tens or column bet with a payout ratio of 2: 1
- Spin: Used to refer to each wheel rotation as a bet taking place.
- Split bet: This is an internal bet type, the chips will lie directly between two numbers and include both numbers in the bet.
- Straight bet: In online roulette this is the most popular bet type. This bet offers a very high payout ratio of 35: 1. To bet straight, the player places chips on a single number.
- Street bet: This is also the name of an inside bet type when chips are placed at the end of a row with three numbers.
Although this is a simple game and there are many betting options, anyone can join. However, in order for the playing process to flow smoothly and help players avoid undue loss of money, any player before playing should read or learn through the typical Roulette terminology. So ensure the game will be more complete.